|BUNN My Cafe MCU making hot water|
This may surprise some of you, but to me – choosing a coffee maker is a very personal thing. Big or small, single serve, espresso, timers, french press or vacuum, there are a lot of options! All of those choices make picking the right one for you a personal choice. It’s a lot like Hubs picking a wallet, he can tell me exactly what he needs but if I pick out the wallet it will be wrong every time. It has to feel right to him.
When it comes to single serve coffee makers there are options out there as well. Some single serve coffee makers use KCups, where others use Pods, and some take ground coffee but there is one that can use all 3 and can make a hot cup of water for cocoa as well- the BUNN My Cafe MCU. (sponsor)
- Brews K-Cup® packs, ground coffee, soft coffee & tea pods, tea bags, loose tea and more
- Includes 4 drawers for brewing flexibility (Cup Drawer, Ground Coffee Drawer, Pod Drawer, Hot Water Drawer)
- Fast – coffee or tea in under a minute
- 4 to 14 ounce serving sizes
- Pulse Brew option to extract bolder flavor
- 2-year limited warranty
|My Cafe MCU Drawers|
- Cup Drawer – Brew your favorite K-Cup® compatible cartridges
- Ground Coffee Drawer – Holds up to 20 grams of ground coffee for café quality results
- Pod Drawer – Works with a wide variety of compostable soft coffee and tea pods
- Hot Water Drawer – Quick hot water for instant coffee, oatmeal, gelatin and more
This was not the first time I have had the opportunity to use the My Cafe MCU to brew up coffee. The first time was at CoffeeCon this past Spring, but this was the first time I used it to brew using more than just a KCup.
Setting up the My Cafe MCU, it is important to read the directions and add enough water the first time around. After that, you simply add as much water as you need for your cup – between 4 and 14oz. Then choose your weapon (drawer). Add your choice of coffee, tea, pod, KCup and press brew. It is pretty simple to use.
I like that the BUNN My Cafe MCU can do more than 1 thing. Around here, I am the coffee drinker. Hubs will drink coffee on occasion, and he enjoys flavored coffees more than I do but he is more of a Chai/Tea drinker and this unit works for us both. I can brew up coffee and he can use his favorite tea in the tea/pod drawer.
The drawers are easy to remove and switch around for whatever you need, just press down on the button and pull the drawer out. My favorite part of the BUNN My Cafe MCU is that I can use fresh ground coffee, and the coffee comes out delicious. Plus it brews quickly, no waiting around for forever, quick coffee is very important to me.
BUNN products are available through their website as well as local retailers and online stores. I spotted the BUNN My Cafe MCU at JC Penny’s the other day.
For more information about the BUNN My Cafe MCU coffee maker, or any of their other products check out their website, or follow them on their social media sites – Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, G+ and Instagram!