When driving along the interstate in South Dakota, you just never know what you will find. From a tiny chapel to the largest bison head, a Corn Palace and so many other things. We stopped at a lot of places along the road, some will get their own posts but here are a few of the great finds we discovered along I90 in South Dakota.
1. Porter Sculpture Park – Montrose, South Dakota. Several acres of sculptures from the odd, to the bizarre. Mostly made of old industrial materials and cement.
2. Tiny Chapel – White Lake, South Dakota. East or West – bound on I90 there is a rest-stop on I90 going both directions at the White Lake exit and both rest areas have a tiny little chapel. It seems so small next to the large rest stop, but inside are benches for weary travelers and a pulpit.
3. Corn Palace – Mitchell, South Dakota. The worlds only Corn Palace is redesigned every year on it’s exterior, dating back to 1892 and completely decorated with corn. I have seen the corn palace several times and it is a sight to see! (Check out my full post here)
4. Giant Prairie Dog – Cactus Flats, South Dakota. At The Ranch Store just south of I90 you can buy a bagof peanuts and feed living prairie dogs, or take your photo by the largest prairie dog I have ever seen.
5. Badlands National Park – Wall, South Dakota If you have never expeirenced the Badlands of South Dakota, this is a sight to see. A unique area of the country with some of the most spectacular views. (Check my full post here)
6. Wall Drug – Wall, South Dakota. The worlds largest drugstore. Seriously, you can still get a prescription filled here and see an animated T-Rex feed every 15 minutes! (Read my full post here)
7. 114 Wall Drug Signs – I90, South Dakota. I was telling Hubs about all the signs for Wall Drug along the interstate in South Dakota. Before we even got to the state we had a running bet of how many signs there would be going across the whole state. We counted 114. I won. Hubs guessed 57, I guessed 101. I did have a little advantage, since I had seen the signs before but I still won!