I received this product for free for the purposes of this review
Hubs loves multi-tools! He also tends to destroy the carrying cases as well as the multi-tools within the carrying cases. Which is one reason that I jumped at the chance to review one! Especially since Hubs birthday was just a couple weeks away, so it was kinda perfect timing as well.
The Fire Talon Heavy Duty Multi-tool comes with:
- TWO strategically placed LED flashlights that give you full illumination… no matter the task!
- A HUGE 3-inch, self-locking, stainless steel 3Cr13 knife blade for even the toughest cutting tasks!
- Professional-grade scissors to make trimming and cutting a breeze!
- Easy-to-use wire strippers to make electrical repairs simple and safe!
- A built-in can opener to take the frustration out of camping trips!
- Phillips and flathead screwdrivers tough enough to handle any task!
- Spring-loaded pliers to take the frustration out of installs and repairs!
- Sure-grip rubber handle inlays to give you full control, even in dark and rainy conditions!
- When closed, this tool measures 4 in. long and weighs 9.8 oz!
We both loved the carry case. It is sturdy, easy to close but does not open when moving around, and it has a good wide loop in back which fits on my husbands uniform belt.
The rubber grips on the side make it easier for my smaller hands to open and close.
The knife blade is very sharp. I learned this the hard way….
My husband wishes that one of the flashlights was red, because he has to carry a red lens into training often and that would be convenient for him.
Some of the tools are hard to open at first, but we both suspect this will get easier with time.
Heavy, my husband has no problem with the weight of the tool but if I were using it for an extended period of time it would be quite heavy to me.
All in all, we both like the Fire Talon Heavy Duty Multi-tool, with it’s tools and carrying case. I really liked the sturdy case, I do not see any multi-tool case repairs in my near future!